Pygame bookmark rollup
I've found a bunch of Pygame-related bookmarks lately that I thought I'd post. These don't seem to be all widely linked, so maybe they'll be useful for other Python game programmers out there.
- Chapters 5 (Making Things Move) and 7 (Take Me To Your Leader) of Will McGugan's Beginning Game Development with Python and Pygame. Personally, I find chapter 5 to be the most valuable of Will's book.
- pyMunk, a wrapper around the Chipmunk 2D gaming physics library.
- A couple versions of Pygame main loops: Simon Wittber's mainloop and Hectigo's Splush.
- Pygsear, a higher-level Pygame framework that takes care of much of the lower level setup of sprites and events and objects.
- Pygame Extended and Rabbyt, both 2D sprite library add-ons to Pygame that use OpenGL acceleration.
- Python Game Kit, plenty of .egg files that contain useful Pygame utilities and addons.
Labels: pygame python