Mt. Nebo Presbyterian
Church has been serving the community since 1837. In less than a years time,
though they had to contend with mud roads, crude means of transportation and simple tools, the congregation had completed
and dedicated a log building that was to serve as the first church for the next 44 years.
A second church building was
built in order to accommodate the larger congregation and was completed sometime between 1878 and 1884. Two additions were
added to the building between the years of 1952 and 1957.