July 24, 2006
States is still watching.
report by the Federal Commission on the Future of Higher Education.
offer of assistance with Fall 2006 preparation.
April 10, 2006
archives contain assessment treasures.
AAC&U addresses the Federal Commission on the Future of Higher
the small victories.
April 3, 2006
your students able to self-assess?
department members may be your best source of assessment ideas.
in the various professional programs.
March 27, 2006
Greater Expectations report of
the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
General Education review and the “signature” course.
student usage of Blackboard course materials.
March 20, 2006
- Program Coordinators, course sequencing,
and the learning continuum.
- Validity and reliability.
- Assessment of online learning.
March 13, 2006
- The problem of assessment sustainability.
- LIFE saving.
- Assessing the assessors.
March 6, 2006
- Faculty Web space as a faculty development
- Miscellaneous resources by discipline.
- Outcomes assessment in Ph.D. programs.
February 27, 2006
- What does U.S. News and World Report have
to say about outcomes assessment?
- Research on improving outcomes for the
first year of college.
- The First Year Experience course at
suggestions for departments on preparing Academic Plans.
Federal Commission on the Future of Higher Education contemplates
assessment and accountability.
do employers actually want our graduates to be able to do?
February 13, 2006
- We need an undergraduate credit hour
- A technology environment that supports
- Outcomes assessment in undergraduate
February 6, 2006
- Minor correction to last week's report.
- A new standardized test makes its debut.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
January 30, 2006 (intranet only)
Institutional Research Program (CIRP).
the data: Sage Student Satisfaction Survey.
the results of the Student Satisfaction Survey.
January 23, 2006
is a Web archive of OARs.
way to improve outcomes in Academic Advisement.
at some local competitor colleges.
January 16, 2006
of Sage Graduates.
DEEP: a study of colleges with consistently-excellent NSSE scores.
for student and program assessment.
January 9, 2006
- VPAA's Summer 2006 Outcomes Assessment
- Assessment of learning outcomes for
student group work.
January 2, 2006
- Middle States Commission publications.
- They're coming: Departmental Academic
- Some best practices at Sage.
December 19, 2005
- Are you using your assessment information?
- Assessment and academic support services.
- Grading rubrics.
December 12, 2005
- Outcomes Assessment in the Institutional Trend
- Documenting assessment while doing routine grading
in a course.
- Minute Papers and other anonymous Classroom
Assessment Techniques (CATs).
December 5, 2005
- What do the words goal and objective
- Good grades and learning.
- Deep learning, assessment, and the relationship
between majors and general education.
November 28, 2005
- Assessment and institutional accountability.
- An example of a small program-outcomes assessment
- Coping with changing expectations, for institutions
and faculty members.
November 21, 2005
- IUPUI: no curtains on their windows.
- Keeping it simple.
- Where we stand at Sage with outcomes assessment.
November 14, 2005
- National Assessment Institute 2005.
- Attitudes toward standardized testing and surveys
- The faculty of Mount Royal College sets an example
for a nation.