Contributors and Acknowledgments
The following people contributed to the contents of this book:
- Allen B. Downey created the overall outline, many of the Glossary entries, and many of the Exercises. This book is largely an adaptation of his How To Think Like a Computer Scientist: Java Version.
- Howard Passel proofread the book and offered suggestions for style and clarity.
In addition to the contributors listed above, I’d like to thank
- Aalbert Torsius for wishing me well and calling me an “author” as soon as I announced that I was writing this book
- Adam Wildavsky for hosting the Extreme Programming New York City meetings, where I was introduced to Ruby
- Ward Cunningham for inventing wikis and hosting the C2 Wiki
for Google “juice”