If residing in this
country but not a citizen of the United States, agrees to abide by the Scout Oath and Law, to respect and obey the laws of the
United States of America, and to subscribe
to the BSA statement of religious principle. Is at least 18 years of age, is of good moral character, and is able to perform
the duties assigned by the Webelos den leader. Should be able to fill in for the Webelos den leader in case of an emergency.
Recommended by the Cubmaster after consultation with the Webelos den leader and parents or guardians of the Webelos Scouts
involved, and approved by the pack committee and chartered organization. Registered as an adult leader of the BSA.
Webelos den leader's responsibilities are to
- Help the Webelos den leader as needed and
carry out the duties assigned by the Webelos den leader. Be ready to fill in for the den leader in case of an emergency.
- Help establish and maintain a close working
relationship with the Webelos den leader and Webelos den chief, functioning with them as a den leadership team.
- Help establish and maintain good relationships
with neighborhood Boy Scout troops into which Webelos Scouts will graduate.
- Complete Webelos den leader Fast Start Training,
position specific Basic Leader Training, and Webelos Den Leader Outdoor Training. Attend monthly roundtables.
- Attend monthly pack meetings and help as
- Take part in the annual pack program planning
conference and monthly pack leaders' meetings.
- Attend the monthly den chief planning meeting
for den leaders, assistant den leaders, and den chiefs.
- Support the policies of the BSA.