- [BainG] Celtic Art: the Methods of Construction,
George Bain, 1973 (reprint of 1951 work).
- [BainI] Celtic Knotwork, Ian Bain, 1986.
- [Nord] Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Painting, C.
- [Sherb] "Interlacing Without Erasing", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 53, Winter 1979.
- [Meehan1] Celtic Design, A Beginner's Manual, Aidan
Meehan, 1991. Also see the home page for his Celtic
Design book series at:
- [Meehan2] Celtic Design, Knotwork, Aidan Meehan,
- [van Stone] Wall hanging poster of Celtic Design notes,
Mark van Stone, out of print.
- [van Stone2] Celtic Knots: Techniques and Aesthetics,
Mark van Stone, 1992.
- [Baker] Celtic Hand: stroke by stroke , A. Baker,
- [JonesG] A History of the Vikings, Gwyn Jones, Revised
- [Meehan3] Celtic Design, Animal Patterns, Aidan
- [Meehan4] Celtic Design, Illuminated Letters, Aidan
- [Meehan5] Celtic Design, Sprial Patterns, Aidan
- [Sherb2] "Aviforms from Kells", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 83, Summer 1986.
- [Sherb3] "Drawing the Lindisfarne Dogs", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 88, Fall 1987.
General Celtic Art Bibliography
- [Allen] Celtic Art in Pagan and Christian Times,
J. Romilly Allen, 1912.
- [Green] Celtic Art: Symbols and Imagery,
Miranda Green, 1996.
- [Laing] Art of the Celts, Lloyd and Jennifer
- [Megaw] Celtic Art: From its beginnings to the Book of
Kells, Ruth and Vincent Megaw, 1989.
Web Page Resources
For other web resources, please see the main
links page. Thanks for
visiting, and enjoy yourself.