The purpose of this site is to help my students and their parents access information concerning my
class. There is information about me, homework, upcoming and past assignments, classroom policies, and resources
for history and current events.
What's Happening and What Happened
- After Winter break there are about 4 weeks left in the semester. The 20 week reports cards are the
ones that really count. Students do your best to finish strong. Parents make sure your child completes all their work so they
may have a successful educational experience.
- Mr. Donald and Ms. Vandaelen are both student teachers in Mr. Senteno's classroom this semester.
Both are students from Cal State Northridge working on their teaching credential. Mr. Donald has taken
over the 5th period 7th grade class. Ms. Vandaelan is teaching in 6th period 8th grade history. They will be at MDR until
- Back to school night was September 30.
- School began on Monday, September 13.
- There have been a few changes concerning my classes for the 2010 -2011 academic year. First off, I
changed class rooms. I am now in Room 8. Goodbye, Room 32. Room 8 is a much bigger room and
I will be able to have more computers for my students and we won't be so cramped. Secondly, I will teach three
8th grade classes as well as two 7th grade classes. For the last few years I taught only 7th
grade. Thirdly, I am teaching exclusively for the magnet school this year. Last year I taught for the
Marine Science Academy as well as the Magnet school.
- On April 23, 2010, I took approximately 175 7th grade students to the Renaissance
faire in Irwindale. We had a wonderful time. The students enjoyed seeing people dressed in costume. They also
asked several questions related to the time period. I believed they learned a lot from the experience. Thank you
to all the teachers, parents, and students that helped make this one of the highlights of the school year.
- - Parents, the best way that you can help your child attain success in my class,
and all their other classes, is to designate a time at home that is specifically study time. If a student says
they have no homework then give them homework (i.e.read a book, magazine, newspaper, and write a summary that you should
check). If a child knows that they are supposed to work at home then the school assignments will be completed. And they
should have a successful educational experience.
- - This year our
homeroom has adopted Cal State Long Beach as the their home university. (Throughout the year we will learn about the university and what it takes
to get to college.)