to join M2K is very simple:
To have the desire to learn; nothing matters: your age, background or
previous or non experience, Mr. Alex and Mrs. Mary will guide you and help you to develop your talents in the art of the Mexican
Traditional Dance (Ballet Folklórico).
Areas of Concentration:
* Footwork Technique
* Stage Presence
* Skirt Movement
* Dance background
Just to mention a few...
* Green (Beginners 1)- Students learn the elementals on body coordination and basic
foot-work (dance steps) and movements (a,b,c...).
* Blue (Beginners 2)- Students start creating foot-work combinations and are challenge with more
dificult steps and dances.
* Grey (Intermediate 1)- Students will start applying and use most of the
time their body positions while they learn medium level fot-work combinations along with basic skirt movements.
* Yellow (Intermediate 2)- Students that apply and use all the
time their body positions while start dancing complex footwork combinations and dances from different regions of Mexico
along with medium level skirt movements.
* Red (Advance 1)- Dancers that can combine complex footwork combinations and movements
along with skirt and body positions.
* Black (Advance 2)- Usually for dancers above 15 years old that can dance without mayor difficulty all the dance
styles and regions from Mexico.
* Black (Advance 3)- Dancers above 15 years old that can dance without difficulty all the dance styles and
regions from Mexico and that can also teach the dance steps and movements and dances and regions background in deep.
* Black (Master)- Advance 3 level dancers with more than 10 years of teaching experience.