The 701 comes with a rather flimsy slip case. It
appears to made out of 2mm black neoprene. It doesn't have
'gush' and after lots of use it can wear out. Oh it is pretty
So I could buy one and there are several out there. Go spend
some time on the eeeuser
forums and you'll see many threads and topics about cases.
For whatever reason, I opted to try and make one.....
will put/post more details soon
- needle and thread
- carefully snip stitches holding the old case together.
- use old case 'halves' as template and trace
out new halves on your neoprene
- cut out new halves
- put the halves together so that the desired exterior
color is actually on the INSIDE of the pocket formed by the halves
- with the halves together as a test fist,
trim things up a bit to make good alignment
about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch bead of glue around the perimeter of both
halves. Don't put a bead of glue on the opening seam.
- place on wax paper big enough to fold over and cover
the entire case
- but a piece of wax paper in pouch are to prevent
un-intended glue-age shuttage.
- put the halves together - align neatly
- place on wax papaer and fold over to cover the entire
case with wax paper
- put some heavy books on top of your wax paper sandwich
- let dry for some time; I left mine overnight
- now stitch the glued seam
- fold inside out.
- put back under books for another overnight press --
helps form shape..
- eyebal position the velcro pieces for shutting the
- glue one velcro piece down, cover with wax
paper & press under books for the nite
- check alignment and adjust the 'free' velcro piece
- glue the other piece down, cover with wax paper
& press under books for the nite
- put some stitches around perimeter of velcro strips.
- do some more stuff..