Fieldston-on-the-Atlantic was built in 1925 by Joseph P. Spang as a large entertainment
complex located by the ocean.
The complex consisted of a large main building by the ocean and the Bavarian Village,
built by Leo Bencordo and Russell. The waitresses wore authentic German outfits and served beer in a pitcher for fifty cents.
One hundred and twenty 50 gallon barrells of beer were sold each week-end.
Fieldston-on-the-Atlantic was famous for its salt water swimming pool.
Behind the soda fountain was a building with eight bowling alleys.
During the 20s-40s , twenty-five to thirty busloads of people arrived every day
of the week for daylong outings.