There are NO SMALL VICTORIES...Every accomplishment should be
Mission Statement: Education. Empowerment. Inclusion.
No Small Victories endeavors to promote autism awareness education, self-advocacy
empowerment, and inclusion for families living on the autism spectrum.
Autism: A group of developmental diasorders which significantly impairs cognitive,social and lanquage development
Statistics: Current statistics from the Centers for Disease Control estimate autistic births in
the U.S. to be 1:110. (Males affected 4 times as often as females at 1:70 based on averages of subject study communities).*
Characteristics of Autism
- May avoid eye contact
- May prefer to be alone
- repetitive movements or sounds (known as "stimming" or self stimulation)
- Rigid routines/insistence on sameness
- Inappropriate attachment to objects/preoccupation with things
- Inappropriate laughing or giggling
- Apparent aversion to touch
- No real fear of danger
- Apparent insensitivity to pain
- Sustained, unusual or repetitive play, uneven physical or verbal skills
- Engaging in stacking, lining up of objects or toys without imaginative play
- May engage in parallel play; will play along side other children, but with no engagement of others
These guidelines are not a definitive diagnosis and anyone suspecting autism in your child should consult your pediatrician.