The legal expenses in this case have been tremendous. You can make a donation to the Amiraults' defense by sending your contribution to:The National Center for Reason and Justice
Boston MA 02123-0414
With your donation, please include a note recommending a distribution to the Amirault Defense Fund and indicating whether this will be a tax-deductible donation. As well as acting as a fiscal sponsor for such funds, the NCRJ educates the public about prisoners and defendants like the Amiraults, who are falsely accused of crimes against children.
The NCRJ's Board of Directors distributes money in its Prisoner Legal Defense Fund by balancing the desires of the donors with the needs of their grantees. If you are making a tax-deductible donation, the NCRJ's Board of Directors will take your wishes into serious consideration, but they cannot promise you to deposit all of it in the Amirault fund. If they did, the IRS would disallow your tax deduction for that donation. For more information on the tax laws governing such contributions, we recommend you consult your own accountant or attorney.
You may also make your contribution by credit card.
- Send Gerald an email of support.
- Write a letter to the editor. The media coverage, especially in Massachusetts, has been inadequate and/or biased. The major problems have been the The Boston Globe and The Boston Phoenix. The Phoenix has a good record of printing letters disagreeing with its articles. The Globe does not, and the Globe promoted Harshbarger's bid for the state house. But if they get enough letters, they can't ignore them.
- Get the word out in other ways. If you're a writer, write about the case your self. Talk to your family, friends, and co-workers. Most of those who think the Amiraults are guilty, or who spout clichés like "where there's smoke there's fire," simply don't know any of the relevant facts. Post information on the internet. Place information, or links to information, on your home page.
- Write Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and ask him to pardon Gerald or commute his sentence. These people and their families have suffered enough. The address is:Governor Mitt Romney
The State House
Boston MA 02133
- Write to Middlesex District Attorney Martha Coakley and ask her to stop supporting these senseless persecutions. The address is:Martha Coakley
District Attorney for Middlesex County
40 Thorndike Street, Second Floor
Cambridge MA 02141-1755
- Write to Massachusetts Attorney General Thomas Reilly to express your concern and to ask him to reconsider his support of these prosecutions. The address is:Attorney General Thomas Reilly
One Ashburton Place
Boston MA 02108-1698
Back to Table of Contents