BEULAH BAPTIST CHURCH (side view)
BEULAH BAPTIST CHURCH (front view)
Beulah Baptist Church is located North of Mt Sterling, in Hopewell Township; Muskingum County, Ohio (North of Interestate 70). The old church was built on land purchased from the Martin Varner in 1824. The present church was reportedly built around 1868. After the church ceased to operate, Robert Varner purchased the building and associated land and has maintained the church as pictured above. The cemetery is located on a small hill just beyond the church. The cemetery is well maintained and burials still occur there. Many of our relatives from the Bonifield, Boyer, Varner and Weekley families are buried there.
COPYRIGHT: Information on these pages is available for non-commercial use only and may not be reproduced in any format for profit. Walter R. Peterman
SEND COMMENTS TO Walt Peterman, WEBMASTER
Last updated 15:15 PM 02/03/2011