I have done no research on this family. I have heard of some Evans in Cincinnati, Ohio and others in Virginia, migrating to Kentucky, but they appear not to be related.
Our ancestor was David Evans (I do not know his parents; however, his mother was reportedly named Susanna). He married Nancy Smith on 1 January 1804. They were the parents of Caroline Evans who married Alfred Dunn. See the Dunn and Weekley pages for additional information.
Descendants of *Unknown Evans
Generation No. 1
1. *UNKNOWN1 EVANS He married SUSANNA *UNKNOWN.
Child of *UNKNOWN EVANS and SUSANNA *UNKNOWN is:
2. i. DAVID2 EVANS, b. 1776, (Shenandoah) VA; d. November 04, 1854, Perry Twp., (Muskingum) OH.
Generation No. 2
2. DAVID2 EVANS (*UNKNOWN1) was born 1776 in (Shenandoah) VA, and died November 04, 1854 in Perry Twp., (Muskingum) OH. He married NANCY SMITH January 01, 1804 in (Shenandoah) VA, daughter of SAMUEL SMITH and MARY RIDDLE. She was born 1792 in (Shenandoah) VA, and died April 29, 1873 in Perry Twp., (Muskingum) OH.
Children of DAVID EVANS and NANCY SMITH are:
3. i. JOHN3 EVANS, b. 1806; d. 1885, (Muskingum) OH.
4. ii. MARY ANN EVANS, b. September 1805; d. March 02, 1857, (Muskingum) OH.
iii. REBECCA EVANS, d. Bef. 1847; m. RICHARD DUNN, January 10, 1828.
iv. ELIZABETH EVANS, d. (Muskingum) OH.
v. DAVID EVANS, d. May 1818, (Muskingum) OH.
5. vi. JAMES EVANS, b. June 06, 1806.
6. vii. LEANDER EVANS, b. October 12, 1808; d. 1845, (Muskingum) OH.
7. viii. CAROLINE EVANS, b. 1817, (Muskingum) OH; d. 1903, Frazeysburg, Muskingum) OH.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN3 EVANS (DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1806, and died 1885 in (Muskingum) OH. He married (1) DEBORAH CAMPBELL. He married (2) MARY CROUCH. She died 1863 in (Muskingum) OH. He married (3) MILDRED REED.
Children of JOHN EVANS and DEBORAH CAMPBELL are:
8. i. JAMES4 EVANS, b. 1829.
ii. DAVID EVANS, b. 1830; d. 1858.
iii. LAFAYETTE EVANS, b. 1834.
iv. MARY ANN EVANS, b. 1840; m. ALBERT D. REED.
9. v. ZEBULON PARKER EVANS, b. 1841; d. 1870.
10. vi. ELIZABETH EVANS, b. 1844.
vii. JOSIAH EVANS, b. 1837.
viii. DEBORAH EVANS, b. 1850; m. *UNKNOWN HOOVER.
ix. JOHN EVANS, b. 1852.
x. WILLIAM EVANS, b. April 1851.
4. MARY ANN3 EVANS (DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born September 1805, and died March 02, 1857 in (Muskingum) OH. She married JOHN WIMER DUNN December 29, 1825, son of RICHARD DUNN and MARY WIMMER. He was born 1802, and died 1870.
More About JOHN WIMER DUNN:
Resided: Muskingum County and moved to Licking County, Ohio in 1843
Children of MARY EVANS and JOHN DUNN are:
11. i. ALFRED4 DUNN, b. Abt. 1820; d. January 18, 1870, Frazeysburg, Muskingum county, Ohio.
ii. LEANDER DUNN, b. Bet. 1828 - 1830.
More About LEANDER DUNN:
Military: Civil War; 21st Kansas Infantry
iii. JAMES W. DUNN, b. 1833.
More About JAMES W. DUNN:
Known as: Civil War; 76th Ohio Infantry
iv. JOHN E. DUNN, b. 1834.
v. REBECCA A. DUNN, b. 1837.
vi. ISAAC M. DUNN, b. 1839.
More About ISAAC M. DUNN:
Military: Civil War. Resided in Georgia. Drafted first in Confederate Navy; fled to Missouri and enlisted in Union Army. 85th Missouri Infantry.
12. vii. MILLIGAN MOSES ASBURY DUNN, b. November 07, 1840, Muskingum County, Ohio; d. 1923.
viii. DAVID DUNN, b. 1841; d. September 20, 1863, Chickamauga, Ga..
More About DAVID DUNN:
Military: Civil War. 113th Ohio Infantry. Killed in battle of Chickamauga, GA.
ix. SAMUEL H. DUNN, b. 1844.
x. GEORGE DUNN, b. 1847.
More About GEORGE DUNN:
Military: Civil War; 135th Ohio Infantry. Captured and spent 6 months in Andersonville and Salisbery prisons.
xi. MARY DUNN, b. 1849.
xii. BENJAMIN DUNN, b. 1850.
xiii. ALFORD DUNN.
More About ALFORD DUNN:
Military: Civil War. Lived in Georgia when war broke. Gave up 130 acres and never returned. Went to Missouri and served in 69th Missouri Infantry.
xiv. HARVEY DUNN, d. July 24, 1864, Rome, GA.
More About HARVEY DUNN:
Military: Civil War; 76th Ohio Infantry. died Rome Ga. Sickness
5. JAMES3 EVANS (DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born June 06, 1806. He married (1) MARY ANN BAKER. She died 1836 in (Muskingum) OH. He married (2) MERIAM HELMS.
Children of JAMES EVANS and MARY BAKER are:
13. i. WALTER4 EVANS, b. 1830; d. 1899.
14. ii. JULIUS EVANS, b. 1832; d. 1864.
15. iii. MILTON EVANS, b. 1833; d. 1912.
16. iv. REBECCA EVANS, b. 1835; d. 1924.
v. MARY ANN EVANS, d. Died Young.
Children of JAMES EVANS and MERIAM HELMS are:
vi. SARAH4 EVANS, b. 1844; m. (1) JOE EINLAND; m. (2) JOHN KANE.
17. vii. JOSEPHINE EVANS, b. 1846.
18. viii. NANCY EVANS, b. 1848; d. 1902.
ix. DAVID JAY EVANS, b. 1850; d. 1908; m. LOUISE RADEL.
x. SUSAN ELLEN EVANS, b. 1852; d. 1921; m. JOHN HOGGAT.
19. xi. HARRISON EVANS, b. 1855; d. 1929.
xii. SHERIDAN JAY EVANS, b. 1865.
xiii. IDA MAY EVANS.
More About IDA MAY EVANS:
Elected: Became recorder of Marshall County, Iowa
20. xiv. THADEUS DANIEL EVANS, b. 1868.
6. LEANDER3 EVANS (DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born October 12, 1808, and died 1845 in (Muskingum) OH. He married LEVINA.
Children of LEANDER EVANS and LEVINA are:
i. LEVINA4 EVANS, b. 1832; m. SAM PATTERSON.
ii. HARVEY EVANS, b. 1833.
21. iii. JAMES W. EVANS, b. 1833.
iv. DAVID G. EVANS, b. 1836; d. 1836.
22. v. MARTHA EVANS, b. 1837.
vi. NANCY EVANS, b. 1839; m. *UNKNOWN MORAN.
vii. MARY ELLEN EVANS, b. 1839.
viii. SARAH EVANS, b. 1843; m. GEORGE LEMERT.
7. CAROLINE3 EVANS (DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1817 in (Muskingum) OH, and died 1903 in Frazeysburg, Muskingum) OH. She married ALFRED DUNN July 05, 1835 in Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH, son of JOHN DUNN and MARY EVANS. He was born Abt. 1820, and died January 18, 1870 in Frazeysburg, Muskingum county, Ohio.
Children of CAROLINE EVANS and ALFRED DUNN are:
23. i. ROSE ALBIA4 DUNN, d. 1855.
ii. MARGARET ELIZABETH DUNN, b. Bet. 1830 - 1839; d. 1847.
24. iii. SARAH ANN DUNN, b. September 19, 1834, Fallsburg, Ohio; d. January 10, 1918, 6:00 A.M. - Newark, Ohio.
iv. MARY JANE DUNN, b. 1836, Jackson; (Muskingum) OH; d. 1863; m. (1) LABAN M. WEEKLEY; m. (2) LABAN M. WEEKLEY, December 27, 1856, Muskingum County, Ohio; b. February 20, 1832, Licking County, Ohio; d. December 05, 1882.
More About LABAN M. WEEKLEY:
: February 20, 1832, Ohio
v. JOHN WESLEY DUNN, b. 1838, (Muskingum) OH; d. March 03, 1863, Memphis, TN.
vi. NANCY ELLEN DUNN, b. 1842; m. THUMWOOD GOFF, England.
25. vii. MARTHA LAVINA DUNN, b. 1845; d. 1924.
viii. DAVID WASHINGTON DUNN, b. 1847; d. September 11, 1848, (Muskingum) OH.
ix. JULIA CATHERINE DUNN, b. 1847, (Muskingum) OH; d. 1849, Muskingum, Ohio.
26. x. JAMES MILTON DUNN, b. 1849.
xi. FRANCIS DUNN, b. 1852, Ohio; m. *UNKNOWN BELL.
More About FRANCIS DUNN:
Resided: Bet. 1915 - 1918, Vicinity of Vanatta, Ohio
xii. MARIA FRANCIS DUNN, b. 1853, Bloomington; m. JACK BROWN.
27. xiii. WILLIAM HENRY DUNN, b. Abt. 1855.
xiv. MARSHALL CORWIN DUNN, b. 1858; d. Lost in Illinois?.
xv. CHARLES ALFRED DUNN, b. 1860, (Muskingum) OH; d. 1927; m. POLLY NEWCOMB.
More About CHARLES ALFRED DUNN:
Resided: Bet. 1915 - 1918, Vicinity of Vanatta, Ohio
Generation No. 4
8. JAMES4 EVANS (JOHN3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1829. He married (1) VIRGINIA FRANCES ADAMS, daughter of THOMPSON ADAMS and ELIZABETH GREENWOOD. He married (2) SARAH PATTERSON.
Children of JAMES EVANS and VIRGINIA ADAMS are:
28. i. ALICE5 EVANS, b. 1856; d. 1939.
29. ii. ATHELINE EVANS, b. 1855; d. 1940.
9. ZEBULON PARKER4 EVANS (JOHN3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1841, and died 1870. He married JULIA LEMERT.
More About ZEBULON PARKER EVANS:
Children of ZEBULON EVANS and JULIA LEMERT are:
i. ROY5 EVANS.
More About ROY EVANS:
Military: ???Panama in 1935
ii. FRED C. EVANS, m. VELMA VIRGINIA TREMBLY.
More About FRED C. EVANS:
Military: U. S. Army in 1935
iii. HERBERT EVANS.
10. ELIZABETH4 EVANS (JOHN3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1844. She married *UNKNOWN SIMPSON.
Children of ELIZABETH EVANS and *UNKNOWN SIMPSON are:
i. FRANK5 SIMPSON, m. MINNIE BIDDLE.
ii. WALTER SIMPSON.
11. ALFRED4 DUNN (MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1820, and died January 18, 1870 in Frazeysburg, Muskingum county, Ohio. He married CAROLINE EVANS July 05, 1835 in Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH, daughter of DAVID EVANS and NANCY SMITH. She was born 1817 in (Muskingum) OH, and died 1903 in Frazeysburg, Muskingum) OH.
Children are listed above under (7) Caroline Evans.
12. MILLIGAN MOSES ASBURY4 DUNN (MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born November 07, 1840 in Muskingum County, Ohio, and died 1923. He married (1) MARY ELIZABETH DARE June 27, 1867, daughter of JOHN DARE and ALIFAIR ROLLINS. She was born 1849, and died March 11, 1896. He married (2) MATILDA SCHIEB 1898.
More About MILLIGAN MOSES ASBURY DUNN:
Military: Civil War. Served in 113th Ohio Infantry Regulars, Co. D. . Discharged 25 July 1865.
Resided: Fallsburg, Ohio
Children of MILLIGAN DUNN and MARY DARE are:
30. i. MARY ETTA (MARIETTA)5 DUNN, b. March 18, 1868; d. November 09, 1952.
ii. EVA M. DUNN, m. ENOCH HARTRUM.
More About ENOCH HARTRUM:
Resided: Newark, Ohio
iii. JOHN E. DUNN, d. As a Teen.
iv. CHARLES EDWARD DUNN, b. 1863; m. NORA BILLMAN.
v. JENNIE ESTELLE DUNN, d. At 98 years of age; m. ALBERT ANDREW WHEELER.
More About JENNIE ESTELLE DUNN:
Ancestor: Mrs. John Meeker and Mrs. Forrest
Children of MILLIGAN DUNN and MATILDA SCHIEB are:
vi. NANA VIOLET5 DUNN, d. Before reaching adulthood..
vii. ELLIS DUNN, d. Before reaching adulthood..
13. WALTER4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1830, and died 1899. He married SUSAN JANE ADAMS.
Children of WALTER EVANS and SUSAN ADAMS are:
31. i. MARTHA5 EVANS, b. 1855.
32. ii. MARY EVANS, b. 1857.
iii. NATHAN BAKER, b. 1858; d. 1914; m. INEZ MOSKIMAN, Des Moines, Iowa.
iv. GEORGE LEWIS EVANS, b. 1861; d. 1867.
33. v. JENNIE EVANS, b. 1871.
14. JULIUS4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1832, and died 1864. He married ELIZABETH ADAMS.
Children of JULIUS EVANS and ELIZABETH ADAMS are:
i. ADDELAID REBECCA5 EVANS, b. 1855; m. LAFAYETTE.
34. ii. MARY ANN EVANS, b. 1858.
15. MILTON4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1833, and died 1912. He married ELIZABETH BROWN.
Child of MILTON EVANS and ELIZABETH BROWN is:
i. LAFAYETTE5 EVANS, b. 1855; d. 1912; m. ADELAIDE REBECCA EVANS.
16. REBECCA4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1835, and died 1924. She married BEN FRANKLIN ADAMS.
Children of REBECCA EVANS and BEN ADAMS are:
i. MARY ANN5 ADAMS, b. 1850; d. 1850, (Age of 2 months).
35. ii. JAMES WINFIELD ADAMS, b. 1852; d. 1919.
36. iii. JOHN CIBIT ADAMS, b. 1854; d. 1926.
37. iv. ANNA MARIA ADAMS, b. 1856.
38. v. SARAH JANE ADAMS, b. 1860; d. 1920.
39. vi. MILTON JAY ADAMS, b. 1866.
40. vii. MINNIE A. ADAMS, b. 1868.
viii. FLORENCE G. ADAMS, b. 1869.
17. JOSEPHINE4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1846. She married SERENO WRIGHT ADAMS, son of WILLIAM ADAMS and MARIA ADAMS. He was born 1831, and died 1908.
Child of JOSEPHINE EVANS and SERENO ADAMS is:
41. i. ORIN ALLEN5 ADAMS, b. 1871; d. 1941.
18. NANCY4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1848, and died 1902. She married HIRAM BLAKE.
Children of NANCY EVANS and HIRAM BLAKE are:
42. i. JESSE BLANCHE5 BLAKE, b. 1869.
ii. MINNIE BLAKE, b. 1870; m. WILLIAM SILAS MOTE.
iii. VERNA MAE BLAKE, b. 1880; m. CLYDE KINTZLEY.
19. HARRISON4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1855, and died 1929. He married (1) PATIENCE ANSON. He married (2) CORRINTHA SNYDER in Monroe, Iowa.
Children of HARRISON EVANS and PATIENCE ANSON are:
43. i. CLARA PATIENCE5 EVANS, b. 1877.
44. ii. HARRY CLIFTON EVANS, b. 1879; d. 1912.
iii. CHARLES EVANS, b. 1881; d. 1881.
45. iv. WILLIAM JAY EVANS, b. 1882.
46. v. LEROY EDISON EVANS, b. 1888.
20. THADEUS DANIEL4 EVANS (JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1868. He married CELEST MORGAN.
Child of THADEUS EVANS and CELEST MORGAN is:
47. i. MARIAN5 EVANS, b. 1901.
21. JAMES W.4 EVANS (LEANDER3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1833. He married MARGARET WEIR.
Children of JAMES EVANS and MARGARET WEIR are:
i. GILBERT T.5 EVANS.
ii. ORA EVANS.
iii. IDA EVANS.
iv. RITA EVANS, d. Died at age 14.
v. BASCOMB EVANS.
vi. JOSEPH EVANS.
vii. FRANK EVANS.
viii. HARVEY EVANS.
ix. JAMES EVANS.
x. MARY EVANS.
xi. INFANT EVANS.
xii. INFANT EVANS.
xiii. INFANT EVANS.
xiv. INFANT EVANS.
22. MARTHA4 EVANS (LEANDER3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1837. She married LEWIS LEGGE.
Children of MARTHA EVANS and LEWIS LEGGE are:
i. ANNA5 LEGGE.
ii. JENNIE LEGGE.
23. ROSE ALBIA4 DUNN (ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) died 1855. She married FRANK JOHN.
Children of ROSE DUNN and FRANK JOHN are:
i. MINNIE5 JOHN.
ii. WILLIAM JOHN.
iii. ALBERT JOHN.
iv. MURRAY JOHN.
v. ETHEL JOHN.
vi. HAZEL JOHN.
24. SARAH ANN4 DUNN (ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born September 19, 1834 in Fallsburg, Ohio, and died January 10, 1918 in 6:00 A.M. - Newark, Ohio. She married JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, SR. June 28, 1860 in (Muskingum) OH, son of ELIAS WEEKLEY and MARGARET BOYER. He was born September 24, 1829 in (Muskingum) OH, and died November 13, 1904 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH.
Notes for SARAH ANN DUNN:
From obituary. She died at the home of her daughter Mrs. Elmer John of Newark at 6:00 A.M. on Thursday. She had fallen on ice and received injuries from her fall. Source: Newark America Tribune
More About SARAH ANN DUNN:
Burial: January 12, 1918, Fallsburg, Ohio
Notes for JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, SR.:
From the text of the settlement of his estate July 1905, John William, Jr. was the Executor. Named were John Sr.'s widow Sarah A. Weekly (note the name was spelled here without the e); Margaret (Dau.) Wright, Wilson Wright, Martha (dau.) Myers, Wm. Myers, Jennie (dau.) Myers James Myers (I am uncertain as to his connection; but, I believe this is Amos), Charles Weekly, Ada (Priest) Weekley, Rosa (Weekly) Johns, Elmer Johns, Jay Weekley, Anna (Weekley) Priest, Homer Priest, John W. Weekly and Alda (Shoults) Weekley, also John (last name I can not read but looks like Creager, or similar. I can not find this name in my data). All of these people were named as Defendents. Judge Walter A. Irvine presiding on the 1st day of September, 1905. Text follows:
Petition.....Plaintiff represents that he was on the 13th day of July, 1905, duly appointed and qualified Executor of the estate of John W. Weekly, his father, of Licking County, Ohio and is still acting as such executor.- That the amount of debts due from the deceased is about Nine hundred dollars ($900.) as near as they can be ascertained. (a schedule of which debts is hereto attached marked Exhibit A)-Charges of administration of said estate will amount to about One hundred and twenty five dollars, ($125.00) and that the total value of the personal estate and effects of said deceased is but Two hundred fifty two dollars, being wholly insufficient to pay the debts and costs of the aforesaid. The plaintiff further represents that said John W. Weekly, Sr., died seized in fee simple of the following described real estate,-situate in the County of Licking, State of Ohio, and Township of Fallsbury-described as follows,- Being the southeast quarter of the northeast quarter and the northeast quarter of the northwest quarter of section 17, Township 4 Range 10 containing eighty (80) acres of land more or less. Plaintiff represents that said real estate was appraised in accordance with the order of the........(Remaining info not available at present)
More About JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, SR.:
: September 24, 1829, Muskingum County Ohio
Burial: Fallsburg, Ohio
Note: In the settlement of his estate, he and those named in the affidavit with the Weekley name, spelled their names Weekly.
Resided: Bet. 1870 - 1900, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH
Children of SARAH DUNN and JOHN WEEKLEY are:
i. MARGARET CAROLINE5 WEEKLEY, b. February 04, 1861, Licking Co., Ohio; d. January 20, 1941; m. WILSON WRIGHT; b. 1856; d. 1922.
More About MARGARET CAROLINE WEEKLEY:
Resided: Black Run, Ohio
ii. MARY KATHRYN WEEKLEY, b. 1862; d. November 07, 1883; m. *UNKNOWN SAFFELL.
iii. DAVID THOMAS WEEKLEY, b. 1865; d. September 25, 1888.
48. iv. MARTHA FRANCIS WEEKLEY, b. September 23, 1866, Licking Co., Ohio; d. September 11, 1940.
49. v. SARAH JANE WEEKLEY, b. April 06, 1868; d. Bet. September 09 - 29, 1959.
50. vi. JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, JR., b. December 02, 1869, Fallsbury Twp, Licking County, Ohio; d. September 18, 1941, Granville Twp (Licking) OH.
51. vii. ROSA MAY OR MAE WEEKLEY, b. March 01, 1873; d. January 29, 1951, (Licking) OH.
52. viii. CHARLES ARTHUR WEEKLEY, b. July 11, 1876, Licking Co. Ohio; d. November 24, 1948.
ix. ANNA BELL WEEKLEY, b. May 17, 1879; d. May 11, 1951; m. HOMER W. PRIEST; b. 1881; d. 1945.
More About ANNA BELL WEEKLEY:
: May 17, 1879
Burial: Fallsburg Cemetery
Resided: Fallsburg, Ohio
More About HOMER W. PRIEST:
Burial: Fallsburg Cemetery
x. JAY WEEKLEY, b. October 30, 1880, Ohio; d. November 1966, Ohio.
25. MARTHA LAVINA4 DUNN (ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1845, and died 1924. She married JOHN PIERSON.
Children of MARTHA DUNN and JOHN PIERSON are:
53. i. WILLIAM GRANT5 PIERSON, b. 1867.
54. ii. ORPHA PIERSON, b. 1869.
iii. PAREPPA ROSE PIERSON, b. 1873; m. WALDO EVANS.
More About WALDO EVANS:
26. JAMES MILTON4 DUNN (ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1849. He married JUSTINA *UNKNOWN.
Children of JAMES DUNN and JUSTINA *UNKNOWN are:
i. CAROLINA5 DUNN.
ii. ROSE DUNN.
iii. MARSHALL DUNN.
27. WILLIAM HENRY4 DUNN (ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born Abt. 1855. He married FRANCES BELL.
Children of WILLIAM DUNN and FRANCES BELL are:
i. OLIVET5 DUNN.
ii. ARTHUR DUNN.
iii. ALFRED DUNN.
iv. ROBERT DUNN.
Generation No. 5
28. ALICE5 EVANS (JAMES4, JOHN3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1856, and died 1939. She married ALBERT ASHCRAFT.
Children of ALICE EVANS and ALBERT ASHCRAFT are:
i. DEBBIE6 ASHCRAFT, m. CARY MCCAMENT.
ii. BRANDT ASHCRAFT, b. 1883; d. 1952; m. MYRTLE VARNER.
iii. FOSTER ASHCRAFT, b. 1884; d. 1957.
iv. DORA ASHCRAFT, b. 1887; m. (1) CEDAR BERRY; m. (2) RUBY BRYANT.
v. HENRY ASHCRAFT, b. 1887; d. 1961; m. HELEN QUINCY.
29. ATHELINE5 EVANS (JAMES4, JOHN3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1855, and died 1940. She married JAMES CROUCH.
Children of ATHELINE EVANS and JAMES CROUCH are:
i. LILLIE6 CROUCH, b. 1882; d. 1919; m. CHARLES L. DOVE.
ii. CLAY CROUCH, b. 1886; d. 1972; m. ANNA MIKESELL.
30. MARY ETTA (MARIETTA)5 DUNN (MILLIGAN MOSES ASBURY4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born March 18, 1868, and died November 09, 1952. She married DAVID ELLIS PARSONS Abt. November 1889. He was born October 11, 1861, and died October 05, 1949.
More About MARY ETTA (MARIETTA) DUNN:
Burial: Green Hill Cemetery; Johnstown, Ohio
More About DAVID ELLIS PARSONS:
Burial: Green Hill Cemetery; Johnstown, Ohio
Nickname: D. E. or Ellis
Note: More information is available in the book "Licking County" published in 1982 or from Mrs. Bonnie G. BcDannald
Resided: Appleton, Ohio
Child of MARY DUNN and DAVID PARSONS is:
i. ALTA R.6 PARSONS, b. November 30, 1895; d. July 22, 1980, Ohio; m. JOHN CLELLAND GILLESPIE, June 04, 1916; b. May 30, 1892, Hemlock; Perry County, Ohio; d. July 30, 1967, Appleton, Ohio.
More About JOHN CLELLAND GILLESPIE:
Resided: Appleton, Ohio
31. MARTHA5 EVANS (WALTER4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1855. She married LEE SMITH in Center Point, Oregon.
Children of MARTHA EVANS and LEE SMITH are:
i. ZAIDEE6 SMITH, b. 1876; d. 1878.
ii. MABLE ROWENA SMITH, b. 1879; d. 1900.
iii. WINNIFRED A. SMITH, b. 1880; m. JOHN A. BATEMAN, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.
iv. CLIFFORD E. SMITH, b. 1882; m. EVA JANE *UNKNOWN, Astoria, Oregon.
v. NATHAN RAYMOND SMITH, b. 1885; m. MILDRED IRENE LIGGETT.
vi. SUSAN LEONA SMITH, b. 1887; m. JAMES STEEL SANDERS.
32. MARY5 EVANS (WALTER4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1857. She married WALTER EUGENE PALMETIER.
Children of MARY EVANS and WALTER PALMETIER are:
i. JACOB6 PALMETIER, d. Died Young.
ii. WALTER IRVING PALMETIER, d. 1877.
iii. LOREN PALMETIER, b. 1878; m. *UNKNOWN.
33. JENNIE5 EVANS (WALTER4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1871. She married SANFORD HENRY MATHEWS.
Children of JENNIE EVANS and SANFORD MATHEWS are:
i. NATHAN SANFORD6 MATHEWS, b. 1889; m. JANE MCDERMOTT.
ii. THOMAS MATHEWS, b. 1892; d. 1920.
iii. SUSAN LUCILLE MATHEWS, b. 1895; m. HENRY JOSEPH BOZUNG, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.
34. MARY ANN5 EVANS (JULIUS4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1858. She married FRANK LANE.
Children of MARY EVANS and FRANK LANE are:
i. PAUL OR JOHN FREDERICK6 LANE, b. 1880; m. MARY PEACH.
ii. JESSE MAY LANE, b. 1886; m. EBENEZAR A. RICHARDSON.
iii. RALPH EVANS LANE, b. 1888; m. LEAH CONN, Dresden, Ohio.
iv. MARTHA ELIZABETH LANE, b. 1891; m. FRANK LITTICK.
v. JOHN M. LANE, b. 1894; m. ROSE JETSY.
More About ROSE JETSY:
vi. ROY LANE, b. 1898; d. 1898.
vii. MARY LANE, b. 1900.
35. JAMES WINFIELD5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1852, and died 1919. He married ALICE OSBORN.
Children of JAMES ADAMS and ALICE OSBORN are:
i. ELMER ALTHERIAN6 ADAMS, b. 1873; d. 1874.
ii. JESSIE MAUD ADAMS, b. 1877; m. GEORGE TURNER KOOSER.
iii. HOWARD MURLAND ADAMS, b. 1881; m. JESSIE LEE SHAW.
36. JOHN CIBIT5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1854, and died 1926. He married MELVINA HIPSHER.
Children of JOHN ADAMS and MELVINA HIPSHER are:
i. CARRIE6 ADAMS, b. 1876; m. ALBERT SEYMOUR.
ii. IDA MAY ADAMS, b. 1878; m. FRANK MURPHY.
iii. ROY ADAMS, b. 1883; m. ROSE ANN WEGT.
37. ANNA MARIA5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1856. She married WILLIAM MARTIN SKELTON.
Children of ANNA ADAMS and WILLIAM SKELTON are:
i. FLOYD6 SKELTON, b. 1883; m. CLARA BURTNESS.
ii. CORA BELL SKELTON, b. 1875; m. (1) LELAND ZENOR; m. (2) JAMES BAKER.
38. SARAH JANE5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1860, and died 1920. She married HIRAM BRIGHAM YOUNG.
Children of SARAH ADAMS and HIRAM YOUNG are:
i. LAWRENCE SCOTT6 YOUNG, b. 1881; d. 1899.
ii. HOMER CLEVELAND YOUNG, b. 1884; m. INA GRACE GINGLES.
iii. MINNIE EDITH YOUNG, b. 1886; m. LEONIDAS AUSTIN MOOMAW.
iv. STELLA REBECCA YOUNG, b. 1892; m. CHARLES W. RIVETT.
v. GERTRUDE MAE YOUNG, b. 1898; m. ORVILLE R. WEST.
39. MILTON JAY5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1866. He married LYNN IRENE CHEVALIER.
Children of MILTON ADAMS and LYNN CHEVALIER are:
i. CAROLINE6 ADAMS, b. 1898; d. 1976; m. JUDSON H. ZENTMIRE.
ii. CHEVALIER VICTOR ADAMS, b. 1901; d. 1960; m. LYDIA ANN ARMSTRONG.
iii. CLINTON JAY ADAMS, b. 1904; m. (1) MARGARET MACY; m. (2) BETTY PLATT.
iv. FRANKLIN EUGENE ADAMS, b. 1907; m. VIRGINIA B. TERRILL.
v. JANETTE ADAMS, b. 1911; d. 1912.
40. MINNIE A.5 ADAMS (REBECCA4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1868. She married EZRA CORNELIUS POTTER.
Child of MINNIE ADAMS and EZRA POTTER is:
i. PAUL ADAMS6 POTTER, SR., b. 1900; m. MABLE DOBB.
41. ORIN ALLEN5 ADAMS (JOSEPHINE4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1871, and died 1941. He married (1) KATE MCCALEB. He married (2) CARRIE RAY.
Children of ORIN ADAMS and KATE MCCALEB are:
i. PAUL SERENO6 ADAMS, b. 1901; m. (1) GRACE DELONG; m. (2) NELLIE *UNKNOWN.
ii. RUTH M. ADAMS, b. 1902; m. HERMAN GAEBLER.
iii. RUSSELL JOHN ADAMS, b. 1904; d. 1986; m. EVELYN MOTT.
iv. ESTHER ADAMS, b. 1909; d. 1957; m. (1) HAROLD MCCORMICK; m. (2) HAROLD PHELPS.
42. JESSE BLANCHE5 BLAKE (NANCY4 EVANS, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1869. She married THOMAS THOMPSON.
Children of JESSE BLAKE and THOMAS THOMPSON are:
i. RUTH EVANGELINE6 THOMPSON, b. 1897; m. MELVIN A. MUNSINGER.
ii. MILDRED THOMPSON, b. 1901; d. 1901.
iii. RUSSELL BLAKE THOMPSON, b. 1903; m. GLADYS CAGLE.
iv. DOROTHY BLANCHE THOMPSON, b. 1905; m. ELMER HART.
43. CLARA PATIENCE5 EVANS (HARRISON4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1877. She married MARK CHRISTIAN CRAMER.
Child of CLARA EVANS and MARK CRAMER is:
i. MARK EVANS6 CRAMER, b. 1906; m. MARGARET ELLEN RANGE.
44. HARRY CLIFTON5 EVANS (HARRISON4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1879, and died 1912. He married CORAL OLDHAM.
Children of HARRY EVANS and CORAL OLDHAM are:
i. CORA ALETHA6 EVANS, b. 1909; m. *UNKNOWN OLSEN.
ii. HARRISON SILAS EVANS.
45. WILLIAM JAY5 EVANS (HARRISON4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1882. He married MARGARET DEREUS.
Children of WILLIAM EVANS and MARGARET DEREUS are:
i. WILMA MAY6 EVANS, b. 1910.
ii. CLIFTON M. EVANS, b. 1912.
iii. MARGARET IONE EVANS, b. 1914.
iv. MARY MAXINE EVANS, b. 1916.
v. IRMA NELL EVANS, b. 1920.
46. LEROY EDISON5 EVANS (HARRISON4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1888. He married MARY POWELL REVARD.
Children of LEROY EVANS and MARY REVARD are:
i. MARY CLARE6 EVANS, b. 1916.
ii. BETTY LEA EVANS, b. 1920.
47. MARIAN5 EVANS (THADEUS DANIEL4, JAMES3, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1901. She married WILLIAM J. KEENAN in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Children of MARIAN EVANS and WILLIAM KEENAN are:
i. WILLIAM EVANS6 KEENAN, b. 1926.
ii. THADEUS MORGAN KEENAN, b. 1929.
48. MARTHA FRANCIS5 WEEKLEY (SARAH ANN5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born September 23, 1866 in Licking Co., Ohio, and died September 11, 1940. She married WILLIAM MYERS, son of JONATHON MYERS and TERESSA BAUGHMAN. He was born Abt. 1865.
More About MARTHA FRANCIS WEEKLEY:
Resided: Wilkins corners
More About WILLIAM MYERS:
Nickname: Willey, Willie, WM.
Children of MARTHA WEEKLEY and WILLIAM MYERS are:
i. ELLA G.6 MYERS, m. OSCAR H. CROUSE.
ii. HELEN A. MYERS, b. December 16, 1911, Muskingum County, Ohio; d. February 1981, Heath, Licking County, Ohio; m. CARY D. MILLER; d. July 14, 1977.
More About HELEN A. MYERS:
Burial: Frazeysburg Cemetery, Ohio
iii. CLARA MYERS, m. *UNKNOWN MYERS.
49. SARAH JANE5 WEEKLEY (SARAH ANN5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born April 06, 1868, and died Bet. September 09 - 29, 1959. She married AMOS MYERS May 22, 1897, son of *UNKNOWN MYERS and *UNKNOWN. He was born January 24, 1870, and died March 08, 1911.
More About SARAH JANE WEEKLEY:
Resided: Columbus, Ohio
More About AMOS MYERS:
Note: I believe part of his name is James.
Children of SARAH WEEKLEY and AMOS MYERS are:
i. MAE L.6 MYERS, b. March 08, 1887; d. September 17, 1966; m. RICHARD BAUGHMAN, October 07, 1907; b. April 16, 1885; d. March 14, 1960.
ii. ERNEST AARON MYERS, b. October 23, 1897; d. February 16, 1959.
iii. BERTHA FERN MYERS, b. June 28, 1902.
iv. NELLIE GRACE MYERS, b. July 08, 1907.
50. JOHN WILLIAM5 WEEKLEY, JR. (SARAH ANN5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born December 02, 1869 in Fallsbury Twp, Licking County, Ohio, and died September 18, 1941 in Granville Twp (Licking) OH. He married ALDA MYRTLE SHOULTS April 12, 1893 in Fallsbury TWP; Licking County, Ohio, daughter of WILLIS SHOULTS and ELIZA MEEK. She was born July 15, 1873 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH, and died December 10, 1955 in Granville (Licking) OH.
More About JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, JR.:
Burial: Licking Baptist Cemetery; Licking County, Ohio
Resided: Heath, Union Station and Welsh Hills, Granville, Ohio
More About ALDA MYRTLE SHOULTS:
Burial: Licking Baptist Cemetery; Licking County, Ohio
Children of JOHN WEEKLEY and ALDA SHOULTS are:
11 children born to this union. See Weekley for more on this family.
51. ROSA MAY OR MAE5 WEEKLEY (SARAH ANN5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born March 01, 1873, and died January 29, 1951 in (Licking) OH. She married (1) CURTIS ELMER JOHN October 07, 1891 in (Licking) OH. He died December 30, 1918 in Newark (Licking) OH. She married (2) CAREY WILSON BELL October 27, 1933 in Newark (Licking) OH. He was born March 02, 1876, and died December 11, 1953 in Newark (Licking) OH.
More About ROSA MAY OR MAE WEEKLEY:
Note: Her mother, Sarah A. Dunn Weekley died at her home on January 10, 1918.
Resided: Newark, Ohio
Children of ROSA WEEKLEY and CURTIS JOHN are:
i. IDA ELZORA6 JOHN, m. LEROY I. MILNER; b. Anderson IN.
ii. WILLIAM EMERSON JOHN, b. October 27, 1893; m. MARTHA ANN UNDERWOOD.
iii. EMMET JOHN, b. December 19, 1895.
iv. LOTTIE MAY JOHN, b. January 31, 1897.
v. WALTER B. JOHN, b. March 21, 1901.
vi. NORA BELL JOHN, b. August 23, 1902.
vii. ALVA ELDO JOHN, b. February 13, 1905.
52. CHARLES ARTHUR5 WEEKLEY (SARAH ANN5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born July 11, 1876 in Licking Co. Ohio, and died November 24, 1948. He married (1) ADA PRIEST. He married (2) ADA BLANCHE PRIEST December 07, 1898. She was born October 25, 1876, and died January 13, 1960.
More About CHARLES ARTHUR WEEKLEY:
: November 07, 1876, Licking County Ohio
Burial: November 27, 1961, Kirkersville Cemetery; Kirkersville, Ohio
Resided: for a time at Fallsburg, Ohio
Children of CHARLES WEEKLEY and ADA PRIEST are:
i. CLARENCE ORVILLE6 WEEKLEY, b. April 04, 1901; d. June 21, 1981; m. CORETA MAE GEIGER, October 09, 1920, Mt Gilead, OH; b. September 19, 1903, Ohio; d. April 13, 1987, Ohio.
ii. PEARL WEEKLEY, b. November 21, 1900, Stillborn; d. November 21, 1900.
iii. CARL WILLIAM WEEKLEY, b. March 05, 1903; d. September 14, 1987; m. LEONA GRACE WOLCOTT, February 25, 1927, Homer, Ohio; b. August 24, 1898; d. August 29, 1957.
iv. MAMIE GOLDIE WEEKLEY, b. November 21, 1905; d. November 23, 1918.
v. CLYDE JAY WEEKLEY, b. August 18, 1907; m. (1) GERTRUDE MARY RICHARDS; b. December 17, 1913; d. June 23, 1991; m. (2) JESSIE YUNKER, November 30, 1927, Frazeysburg, OH; m. (3) GENEVA PRICE, May 11, 1946; b. November 30, 1925, Jasper, AR.
vi. CLEMENT EVERETT WEEKLEY, b. August 30, 1909; d. November 11, 1939.
vii. MINNIE GRACE WEEKLEY, b. May 28, 1911, Fallsbury TWP; Licking Co., OH; d. January 04, 1999, Newark, Ohio; m. WILBUR J. STRICKER, March 28, 1931; b. September 08, 1908; d. August 01, 1981.
Notes for MINNIE GRACE WEEKLEY:
Headline: DEATHS & FUNERALS
Publication Date: January 7, 1999
Source: The Columbus dispatch
STRICKER Minnie G. Stricker, longtime Newark resident, died January 4, 1999. Born in Fallsbury TWP., daughter of the late Charles A. and Ada B. (Priest) Weekley. Retired 23 years ago from Sears in the Service Department. Member of the Central Christian Church, Harriett Circle, Charter member of the AARP and a member of the Local AARP, Land of Legend Travel Club, See More Travel, Buckeye tours, Sears Retirees Club, member Chapel Class, former Red Cross volunteer at Veterans Hospital in Chillicothe and member of the Dawes Arboretum. Preceded in death by husband, Wilbur J. Stricker, August 1, 1981, 6 brothers and 1 sister. Survived by sons, David Stricker of Columbus, Dr. Daniel Stricker of Newark; daughter, Connie Swick of Sanford, N.C.; brother, Clair Weekley of Newark; sisters, Mrs. John (Martha) Kreager of Newark and Mrs. Myrtle Hauman of Toledo, OH., 5 grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren. Visitation Friday 6-8 P.M. at Brucker & Kishler Funeral Home, 985 North 21st St. Newark, Ohio, where funeral service will be held 11 A.M. Saturday, January 9, 1999. Rev. Coy officiating. Interment Rocky Fork Cemetery. Memorials to Central Christian Church, 587 MT. Vernon Rd., Newark, Ohio.
More About MINNIE GRACE WEEKLEY:
Burial: January 09, 1999, Rocky Fork Cemetery; Ohio - Rev. Coy Officiating.
viii. CLIFFORD CHARLES WEEKLEY, b. July 08, 1913; m. MARY ALETA HUBBELL, July 25, 1943.
ix. MYRTLE BLANCHE WEEKLEY, b. September 21, 1915; m. ALBERT HAUMAN, 1936; b. September 1915; d. April 12, 1978.
x. MARTHA ELIZABETH WEEKLEY, b. February 11, 1917; m. JOHN WILLIS KREAGER, February 20, 1943; b. March 07, 1915.
xi. CARRIE RAYMOND WEEKLEY, b. February 15, 1919; m. (1) BETTY DRUMM, March 17, 1944; m. (2) FLORA MAE MUNYON, December 10, 1944.
xii. CLAIRE DALE WEEKLEY, b. September 11, 1922; m. BILLIE GRACE PENICK, October 09, 1943; b. November 22, 1923; d. March 15, 1984.
More About BILLIE GRACE PENICK:
Note: Cause of death - Cancer.
53. WILLIAM GRANT5 PIERSON (MARTHA LAVINA5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1867. He married MABEL JOHNSON.
Children of WILLIAM PIERSON and MABEL JOHNSON are:
i. ROBIN MARIE6 PIERSON, b. 1894; m. CLYDE HALL.
ii. RUTH PIERSON, b. 1898.
iii. JOHN BENNET PIERSON, b. 1901.
iv. GENEVIOEVE PIERSON, b. 1905; m. RAYMOND E. GALE.
54. ORPHA5 PIERSON (MARTHA LAVINA5 DUNN, ALFRED4, MARY ANN3 EVANS, DAVID2, *UNKNOWN1) was born 1869. She married WILLIAM H. ASHTON.
Child of ORPHA PIERSON and WILLIAM ASHTON is:
i. JEANETTE6 ASHTON, b. 1889; m. WILLIAM TECUMSEH SHERMAN.
See the Dunn and Weekley families for additonal information on these lines.
COPYRIGHT: Information on these pages is available for non-commercial use only and may not be reproduced in any format for profit. Walter R. Peterman
ADDRESS COMMENTS TO Walt Peterman, WEBMASTER
LAST UPDATED 09:05 AM 02/01/2011