Descendants of Samuel Meek
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL1 MEEK
Child of SAMUEL MEEK is:
2. i. RICHARD2 MEEK, b. Abt. 1790.
Generation No. 2
2. RICHARD2 MEEK (SAMUEL1) was born Abt. 1790. He married PHOEBE TAYLOR in OH or PA. She died Abt. 1850. (She was reportedly married to a Mr. Hall, before that.)
Children of RICHARD MEEK and PHOEBE TAYLOR are:
3. i. PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, b. April 29, 1813, Ohio; d. February 16, 1881, Ontario, Boone (Storey) IA.
4. ii. SAMUEL MEEK, b. Bet. 1813 - 1815; d. April 20, 1871.
5. iii. CHARITY MEEK, b. 1816.
6. iv. JOHN MEEK, b. February 13, 1819; d. January 10, 1907.
7. v. WILLIAM MEEK, b. 1824.
8. vi. DAVID MEEK, b. May 16, 1827, (Coshocton) OH; d. 1900, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH.
9. vii. MARIAH MEEK, b. October 12, 1827; d. October 03, 1906.
10. viii. RICHARD MEEK, b. November 30, 1832; d. August 19, 1882.
11. ix. ELIZA A. MEEK, b. 1834; d. 1901.
x. MARY (ALVERIA) MEEK, b. 1836.
Generation No. 3
3. PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS (RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born April 29, 1813 in Ohio, and died February 16, 1881 in Ontario, Boone (Storey) IA. She married JESSE ABRAHAM WALKER February 19, 1835 in (Coshocton) OH. He was born March 04, 1803 in PA, and died May 20, 1874 in Ontario, Story County, Iowa.
More About PHOEBE CATHERINE MEEK/MEEKS:
Burial: Ontario, Story Co., Iowa
Note: See Tombstone records of Story Co., Iowa Page 310A
Notes for JESSE ABRAHAM WALKER:
From Transcript of the Walker Family History written by Nellie Worrell Hitsman on September 30th, 1933
Jesse Abram Walker was born in Pennsylvania, and his wife, Phoebe Catherine Meeks, was born in Ohio. They must have been married in Ohio and had most of their children there, then came to Iowa in an early day. Grandfather was always poor and lived on a small place not his own. He worked for who ever needed a hand. He died in July or August 1870 or 1872. Over-heated or a sun stroke, in the hot weather. Grandmother died 10 or 12 years later, the winter I was 18. It was her third stroke. Both of them are buried in the Ontario, Iowa, Cemetery. Grandfather was a deacon in the Ontario Christian Church. Their children:
Mary Elizabeth Walker married Marmion Vest and had 7 children. Eldoren, Will, Ollie, Belle, Jennie, Arthur, and Ada.
Asa Walker enlisted in the Civil War and died at Benton Barracks, Missouri, from the measles. unmarried.
Jane Walker also died single. She had a sweetheart named Wood Baldwin.
Nancy Walker, my mother, married William Worrell. She was born in 1842 and died in California in 1929. Their children were, Nellie, Ed, Laura, Willie, Libbie, Hattie, Bert, Arthur, and Harry. My brother, Willie, left home many years ago, when he was 18 or 19. We never heard where he was or what became of him.
Lavina Walker married Christopher Frank Gibson and had 5 children. Edith May Palmer, Sarah Frances, Ida, G. Albert, and Jessie. All dead except G. Albert of near Madrid and May Palmer in Des Moines. (1933).
Henry Walker married Hattie Albright. Lived in Ogden. Henry was shot by a negro at Frasier, Iowa about 1904. They had 8 children. Mary, Elsie, Delbert (Bud), Harriett, Mildred, Carrie (Cassie), John, and Vera. Cassie married John Northway, an old stage driver. their children, Minnie, Delbert, Asa, and Bertha. (This is reported to be in error. Carrie is really reported to have married Edward Davis with whom she had a daughter, Vera Davis, and a son. They later divorced and she married Oren Sands. (Per Betty Larsen Berentson)
John M. Walker married Lottie Cameron. They had one son, Delbert, single. Uncle John died the same day as my mother, May 15, 1929. Amanda Ellen Walker married Charles Webb. She died and left a young baby. He was out West in Colorado the last I heard. The Baby, died, I think.
The older ones are all dead. There are lots of cousins scattered around everywhere. My Mother and Uncle John were the last two of this generation. Uncle John died at 3:00 PM and mother at 9:30 PM, May 15, 1929. John in Wisconsin and Mother in California. Strange things happen. I always thought a lot of my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Aunt Mandy was 15 when I was 9, she used to dress me up and curl my hair on rags. I stayed there quite a lot. Uncle John was 18 or 19. Uncle Henry older, but unmarried then.
More About JESSE ABRAHAM WALKER:
Burial: Ontario, Story Co., Iowa
Note: See Tombstone records of Story County, Iowa page 310A
Religion: Ontario Iowa Christian Church. Deacon
Children of PHOEBE MEEK/MEEKS and JESSE WALKER are:
12. i. HENRY4 WALKER, b. Boone (Storey) IA; d. Abt. 1904, Shot by a Negro at Frasier, Iowa.
13. ii. MARY ELIZABETH WALKER, b. 1835; d. June 27, 1916, Boone (Storey) IA.
iii. ASA WALKER, b. 1837, Jackson (Muskingum) OH; d. January 31, 1862, Benton Barracks St. Louis, MO during Civil War from Measles..
14. iv. ELIZA WALKER, b. 1838, Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH.
15. v. LAVINA WALKER, b. 1841, Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH.
16. vi. NANCY WALKER, b. May 05, 1844, Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH; d. May 15, 1929, California 9:30 PM.
vii. SARAH WALKER, b. 1847.
viii. PHEBE WALKER, b. 1849.
17. ix. AMANDA ELLEN WALKER, b. 1851, Boone (Storey) IA ?; d. 1877, Boone (Storey) IA.
18. x. JOHN MARINAN WALKER, b. June 11, 1855; d. May 15, 1929, Eau Claire, WI; 3:00 PM.
xi. JANE WALKER.
More About JANE WALKER:
Note: Never married but had a sweetheart named Wood Baldwin.
4. SAMUEL3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born Bet. 1813 - 1815, and died April 20, 1871. He married ELIZABETH BOTTS October 15, 1835 in (Coshocton) OH. She was born 1817.
Children of SAMUEL MEEK and ELIZABETH BOTTS are:
i. GEORGE4 MEEK, b. 1836.
ii. RICHARD MEEK, b. 1838.
19. iii. LOUISA MEEK, b. August 17, 1840; d. January 09, 1916, Junction City (Geary) KS.
20. iv. MORGAN MEEK, b. February 1842; d. 1904, Arkansas.
21. v. JOHN MEEK, b. December 26, 1843, (Licking) OH; d. June 08, 1923.
22. vi. WILLIAM HENRY MEEK, b. September 25, 1846; d. Bet. 1905 - 1911.
vii. ISAAC MEEK, b. 1848.
viii. SYLVESTER MEEK, b. 1850.
ix. SARAH (ELOD) MEEK, b. 1852.
x. MARGARET MEEK, b. 1853; m. LARABEE STORY, May 09, 1873, (Sullivan) IN.
xi. MARY MEEK, b. September 1853; m. JOHN BRYANT, Abt. 1881; b. February 1862, GA.
xii. NAOMI MEEK, b. 1855.
23. xiii. THURSDAY MEEK, b. August 1857, IN.
5. CHARITY3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1816. She married HENDERSON WINDER in (Coshocton) OH. He was born Bet. 1813 - 1814, and died May 27, 1865.
Children of CHARITY MEEK and HENDERSON WINDER are:
i. JAMES4 WINDER, b. February 21, 1834; d. February 20, 1855.
ii. LABAN WINDER, b. Bet. 1835 - 1836.
iii. WILLIAM WINDER, b. Bet. 1838 - 1839.
iv. JOHN WINDER, b. Bet. 1839 - 1840; d. February 19, 1865.
v. MARY (ELIZABETH) WINDER, b. June 15, 1840; d. May 06, 1908.
vi. HENRY WINDER, b. 1844; d. 1858.
vii. ARABELLA WINDER, b. 1846.
viii. LUCY ANN WINDER, b. Bet. 1846 - 1848.
ix. GEORGE WINDER, b. 1849.
x. SARAH WINDER, b. 1850.
xi. EMALINE WINDER, b. 1853.
xii. SAMUEL WINDER, b. 1855.
6. JOHN3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born February 13, 1819, and died January 10, 1907. He married SARAH *UNKNOWN.
Children of JOHN MEEK and SARAH *UNKNOWN are:
i. SUSAN J.4 MEEK, b. 1845.
ii. WILLIAM H. MEEK, b. 1846.
iii. ELIZABETH MEEK, b. 1848.
iv. MARY MEEK, b. 1852.
v. JOHN MEEK, b. September 1854.
vi. JAMES MEEK, b. 1859.
7. WILLIAM3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1824. He married MARY *UNKNOWN.
Children of WILLIAM MEEK and MARY *UNKNOWN are:
i. MATHEW4 MEEK, b. 1846.
ii. SARAH MEEK, b. 1848.
iii. RICHARD MEEK, b. February 15, 1849; d. February 09, 1921.
8. DAVID3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born May 16, 1827 in (Coshocton) OH, and died 1900 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH. He married (1) CATHERINE VARNER 1850, daughter of SAMUEL VARNER and ANNA BONIFIELD. She was born August 30, 1829 in Fallsbury, Licking, OH, and died April 07, 1853 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH (Black Run). He married (2) PRISCILLA PHILLIPS 1862 in (Licking) OH. She was born September 1830 in (Licking) OH, and died March 1914 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH.
Children of DAVID MEEK and CATHERINE VARNER are:
i. RICHARD K.4 MEEK???.
24. ii. ELIZA JANE MEEK, b. May 26, 1851, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. July 21, 1935, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH.
25. iii. GEORGE ALLEN MEEK, b. August 19, 1852, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. September 1917.
Children of DAVID MEEK and PRISCILLA PHILLIPS are:
iv. SARAH ELIZABETH4 MEEK, b. January 24, 1863, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. September 09, 1931.
v. WILLIAM H. MEEK, b. March 29, 1867, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. November 07, 1903.
26. vi. JOHN ALLEN MEEK, b. April 22, 1872, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. April 03, 1953.
27. vii. MARY ALICE MEEK, b. November 05, 1864, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. June 05, 1929.
9. MARIAH3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born October 12, 1827, and died October 03, 1906. She married (1) *UNKNOWN. She married (2) JOHN J. COOPER November 11, 1851 in (Greene) IN. He was born March 31, 1832, and died February 26, 1912.
Child of MARIAH MEEK and *UNKNOWN is:
i. HENRY4 MEEK, b. September 25, 1848; d. July 06, 1911.
Children of MARIAH MEEK and JOHN COOPER are:
ii. WILLIE4 COOPER.
iii. EVA COOPER.
iv. AMANDA COOPER.
v. MARY M. COOPER, b. Bet. 1852 - 1857; d. 1930.
vi. DAVID COOPER, b. 1853.
vii. RICHARD COOPER, b. 1854.
viii. PRISCILLA (ARZILLA) COOPER, b. March 10, 1859; d. 1946.
ix. CHARITY COOPER, b. 1861.
x. JAMES D. COOPER, b. 1863.
xi. IRA BENTON COOPER, b. June 1865; d. 1945.
xii. ALEXANDER COOPER, b. November 16, 1865; d. 1886.
xiii. JANE COOPER, b. 1868; d. 1937.
xiv. NANCY E. COOPER, b. 1869.
10. RICHARD3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born November 30, 1832, and died August 19, 1882. He married (1) ELIZABETH PORTER. She was born 1837, and died May 26, 1880 in 43y -m 4d. He married (2) HARRIETT VARNER Bet. 1850 - 1859, daughter of SAMUEL VARNER and ANNA BONIFIELD. She was born January 18, 1833 in Fallsbury, Licking, OH, and died 1875.
More About RICHARD MEEK:
Burial: Fallsburg Cemetery
More About ELIZABETH PORTER:
Burial: Fallsburg Cemetery
Children of RICHARD MEEK and HARRIETT VARNER are:
28. i. SAMUEL H.4 MEEK, b. May 07, 1855.
29. ii. FLORA ELORA MEEK, b. 1858.
30. iii. MARIETTA MEEK, b. 1861.
31. iv. ANN FLORENCE MEEK, b. 1863.
32. v. ROSE BELLE MEEK, b. 1865; d. October 02, 1910.
33. vi. IDA JANE MEEK, b. April 27, 1867.
vii. LAVERTA MEEK, b. 1878.
11. ELIZA A.3 MEEK (RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1834, and died 1901. She married RILEY ALEXANDER MANSFIELD Bet. 1800 - 1899. He was born March 10, 1838 in (Coshocton) OH.
Children of ELIZA MEEK and RILEY MANSFIELD are:
i. ADEN G.4 MANSFIELD, b. January 1858.
ii. WILLIAM H. MANSFIELD, b. April 1859.
iii. MARTHA J. MANSFIELD, b. 1862.
iv. FLORY A. MANSFIELD, b. April 1863.
v. DORY MANSFIELD, b. 1865.
vi. SYMAN OSCAR MANSFIELD, b. 1867.
vii. ELNORA MANSFIELD, b. 1868.
viii. ISABELLA MANSFIELD, b. 1872.
ix. JACOB MANSFIELD, b. May 1874.
Generation No. 4
12. HENRY4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born in Boone (Storey) IA, and died Abt. 1904 in Shot by a Negro at Frasier, Iowa. He married HATTIE ALBRIGHT.
More About HENRY WALKER:
Resided: Ogden, Iowa
Children of HENRY WALKER and HATTIE ALBRIGHT are:
i. MARY5 WALKER.
ii. ELSIE WALKER.
iii. DELBERT WALKER.
More About DELBERT WALKER:
iv. HARRIET WALKER.
v. MILDRED WALKER.
vi. CARRIE OR CASSIE WALKER, m. JOHN NORTHWAY. Note: There is some confusion on this individual. It appears that Caroline actually married Edward Davis and later divorced him to marry Oren Sands. Carry and Edward had a daughter Vera Davis and a son.
More About JOHN NORTHWAY:
Occupation: Stage Driver
vii. JOHN WALKER.
viii. VERA WALKER.
13. MARY ELIZABETH4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born 1835, and died June 27, 1916 in Boone (Storey) IA. She married JOHN BAUGHMAN Bet. 1855 - 1899.
Children of MARY WALKER and JOHN BAUGHMAN are:
i. LAURA ELLEN5 BAUGHMAN, m. HENRY WILKINSON.
ii. HARVEY BAUGHMAN, m. JANE FREED.
iii. JOHN T. BAUGHMAN, m. NELLIE MCGRATH.
iv. ALICE BAUGHMAN, m. WILLIAM BEEDLE.
14. ELIZA4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born 1838 in Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH. She married MARMION WEST OR VEST Bet. 1850 - 1899.
Children of ELIZA WALKER and MARMION VEST are:
i. ELDOREN5 VEST.
ii. WILL VEST.
iii. OLLIE VEST.
iv. BELLE VEST.
v. JENNIE VEST.
vi. ARTHUR VEST.
vii. ADA VEST.
15. LAVINA4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born 1841 in Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH. She married CHRISTOPHER FRANK GIBSON Bet. 1800 - 1899.
Children of LAVINA WALKER and CHRISTOPHER GIBSON are:
i. EDITH MAY5 GIBSON, d. Aft. 1933; m. *UNKNOWN PALMER.
More About EDITH MAY GIBSON:
Resided: 1933, Des Moines, Iowa
ii. SARA FRANCES GIBSON, d. Bef. 1934.
iii. HESTER IDA GIBSON, d. Bef. 1934.
iv. G. ALBERT GIBSON, d. Aft. 1933.
More About G. ALBERT GIBSON:
Resided: 1933, Near Madrid, Iowa
v. JESSE GIBSON, d. Bef. 1934.
16. NANCY4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born May 05, 1844 in Jackson Twp. (Muskingum) OH, and died May 15, 1929 in California 9:30 PM. She married WILLIAM H. WORRELL Bet. 1860 - 1899.
Children of NANCY WALKER and WILLIAM WORRELL are:
i. NELLIE5 WORRELL, b. Bet. 1860 - 1863; d. Aft. September 30, 1933; m. *UNKNOWN HITSMAN.
More About NELLIE WORRELL:
Note: She was about 10 years younger than her Uncle John and about 6 years younger than her Aunt "Mandy"
ii. ED WORRELL.
iii. LAVINA WORRELL.
iv. WILLIE WORRELL.
More About WILLIE WORRELL:
Note: Left home when he was 18 or 19 never to be heard from again.
v. LIBBY WORRELL.
vi. HATTIE WORRELL.
vii. BERT WORRELL.
viii. ARTHUR WORRELL.
ix. HARRY WORRELL.
17. AMANDA ELLEN4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born 1851 in Boone (Storey) IA ?, and died 1877 in Boone (Storey) IA. She married CHARLES WEBB Bet. 1865 - 1899. He was born in Wichita (Sedgwick) CO?/KS.
More About CHARLES WEBB:
Child of AMANDA WALKER and CHARLES WEBB is:
i. (INFANT)5 WEBB.
18. JOHN MARINAN4 WALKER (PHOEBE CATHERINE3 MEEK/MEEKS, RICHARD2 MEEK, SAMUEL1) was born June 11, 1855, and died May 15, 1929 in Eau Claire, WI; 3:00 PM. He married LOTTIE CAMERON Bet. 1880 - 1899.
Child of JOHN WALKER and LOTTIE CAMERON is:
i. DELBERT5 WALKER.
19. LOUISA4 MEEK (SAMUEL3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born August 17, 1840, and died January 09, 1916 in Junction City (Geary) KS. She married THOMAS DEVER March 12, 1865 in (Sullivan) IN. He was born October 22, 1842 in Bloomfield (Jefferson) OH, and died January 11, 1922 in Junction City (Geary) KS.
Children of LOUISA MEEK and THOMAS DEVER are:
i. MARY TERRESA5 DEVER, b. January 27, 1866; d. February 18, 1951.
ii. JOHN MORGAN DEVER, b. August 29, 1867; d. March 25, 1925.
iii. WILLIAM ANDREW DEVER, b. August 19, 1869; d. July 02, 1951.
iv. ELIZABETH JANE DEVER, b. June 22, 1871; d. November 1877.
v. MARGARET LOUISA DEVER, b. September 20, 1873; d. May 13, 1929.
vi. NELLIE SARTORIS DEVER, b. May 12, 1876; d. February 22, 1970.
vii. DELLA JOSEPHINE DEVER, b. July 27, 1879; d. February 19, 1973.
viii. ANNA LOVELLA DEVER, b. January 12, 1881; d. January 11, 1964.
20. MORGAN4 MEEK (SAMUEL3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born February 1842, and died 1904 in Arkansas. He married SARAH JANE O'DONALD January 29, 1869 in (Greene) IA. She was born 1850 in Arkansas.
Children of MORGAN MEEK and SARAH O'DONALD are:
i. GENETTIS5 MEEK, b. November 24, 1869.
ii. JOHN B. MEEK, b. November 22, 1872.
iii. SAMUEL MEEK, b. March 18, 1874.
21. JOHN4 MEEK (SAMUEL3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born December 26, 1843 in (Licking) OH, and died June 08, 1923. He married EMMALINE CAMPBELL January 27, 1876 in (Sullivan) IN, daughter of SAMUEL CAMPBELL and ELIZA ATHERTON. She died May 04, 1901.
Children of JOHN MEEK and EMMALINE CAMPBELL are:
i. LAURA5 MEEK.
ii. OLIVE MEEK.
iii. ISAAC MEEK, d. 1900.
iv. HENRY CLAY MEEK, b. November 09, 1878; d. November 02, 1949.
22. WILLIAM HENRY4 MEEK (SAMUEL3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born September 25, 1846, and died Bet. 1905 - 1911. He married (1) MARY WRIGHT April 12, 1866 in (Greene) IN. He married (2) ELLA MILLER March 29, 1899.
Children of WILLIAM MEEK and MARY WRIGHT are:
i. MARTIN5 MEEK.
ii. MELVIN MEEK, b. January 08, 1867.
iii. JOSEPH R. MEEK, b. 1871.
iv. DAVID MEEK, b. May 23, 1875.
v. MITCHELL MEEK, b. 1879.
23. THURSDAY4 MEEK (SAMUEL3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born August 1857 in IN. She married ALBERT HALE. He was born July 1847 in IN.
Children of THURSDAY MEEK and ALBERT HALE are:
i. ?5 HALE.
ii. JESSY HALE, b. March 1880.
iii. MAGGIE HALE, b. April 1880.
iv. LIZZIE HALE, b. March 1887.
v. LUCINDA HALE, b. October 1889.
24. ELIZA JANE4 MEEK (DAVID3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born May 26, 1851 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH, and died July 21, 1935 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH. She married WILLIS HAMILTON SHOULTS October 24, 1869 in Fallsbury TWP.; Licking County, Ohio, son of SAMPSON SHOULTS/SHOULSE and ELIZABETH MILLER. He was born November 17, 1845 in Coshocton (Coshocton) OH, and died April 27, 1880 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH - Age 34 years, 5 months, 10 days..
Notes for ELIZA JANE MEEK:
Obituary: Newark Advocate July 1935.
Mrs. Eiza Jane Shoults, 84, widow of Willis H. Shoults, died Sunday night in the home near Fallsburg at 6:40 o'clock after a few days' illness. She was the daughter of David and Catherine Meek and had lived all of her life in Fallsbury township. He husband preceded her in death 55 years ago. Surviving are three sons, Jay of near Gambier; Charles of Granville; Lester of the home and a daughter, Mrs. J. W. Weekley, of Granville; two daughters, Ettie and Cora are deceased. She also leaves 21 grandchildren and a number of great-grandchildren, Mrs. Shoults had been a member of the MT. Pleasant church since early in life. The funeral will be held Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock in MT. Zion church and burial will be made in MT. Zion Cemetery.
More About ELIZA JANE MEEK:
Burial: Mt. Zion Cemetery; Ohio
Note: Death Certificate #43961
Notes for WILLIS HAMILTON SHOULTS:
The bible of G. W. Shouts has him buried in MT. Zion however family history says that he is buried in Fallsburg with his brothers. His widow saw his grave site fill with water and opted to be buried in MT. Zion Cemetery apart from her husband.
More About WILLIS HAMILTON SHOULTS:
Burial: Fallsburg Cemetery
Census: Bet. 1870 - 1880, Fallsbury; Licking County, Ohio
Note: Could not read or write.
Children of ELIZA MEEK and WILLIS SHOULTS are:
i. CORA ALICE5 SHOULTS, b. September 16, 1870, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. February 1924; m. SAMUEL FARQUHAR, June 21, 1887; b. April 27, 1863, Stone says 1863; d. February 1924.
More About CORA ALICE SHOULTS:
Burial: Mt Zion Cemetery
More About SAMUEL FARQUHAR:
Burial: Mt Zion Cemetery
ii. ETTA ELIZABETH SHOULTS, b. February 17, 1872, Fallsbury TWP; Licking County, Ohio; d. June 09, 1931; m. ELMER ELLSWORTH HOWELL, March 12, 1903; b. August 29, 1864; d. May 19, 1940.
iii. ALDA MYRTLE SHOULTS, b. July 15, 1873, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH; d. December 10, 1955, Granville (Licking) OH; m. JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, JR., April 12, 1893, Fallsbury TWP; Licking County, Ohio; b. December 02, 1869, Fallsbury Twp, Licking County, Ohio; d. September 18, 1941, Granville Twp (Licking) OH.
More About ALDA MYRTLE SHOULTS:
Burial: Licking Baptist Cemetery; Licking County, Ohio
More About JOHN WILLIAM WEEKLEY, JR.:
Burial: Licking Baptist Cemetery; Licking County, Ohio
Resided: Heath, Union Station and Welsh Hills, Granville, Ohio
iv. JAY VICTOR SHOULTS, b. December 14, 1875, Fallsbury TWP.; Licking County, Ohio; d. October 15, 1940.
More About JAY VICTOR SHOULTS:
Census: 1880, Has him as James W.
v. CHARLES RAY SHOULTS, b. August 24, 1877, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH (Black Run); d. November 08, 1962; m. ETHEL FERN JONES, March 19, 1908; b. May 04, 1889; d. June 07, 1973.
More About CHARLES RAY SHOULTS:
Burial: Eden Cemetery; Eden TWP., Licking County; Ohio; Near Fallsburg
vi. DAVID LESTER SHOULTS, b. August 13, 1879, Licking County; Fallsbury Twp., Ohio; d. January 22, 1960, Licking County; Fallsbury Twp., Ohio.
More About DAVID LESTER SHOULTS:
Burial: Mt Zion Cemetery; Bladensburg; Knox County, Ohio
Census: 1880, Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH - Age 1 year.
Note: Some reports had him married to Edna A. *Unknown b. 1907; but, I am not aware of it.
25. GEORGE ALLEN4 MEEK (DAVID3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born August 19, 1852 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH, and died September 1917. He married SARAH (SADIE) ELIZABETH ASHCRAFT October 12, 1876. She was born March 24, 1859, and died June 21, 1914 in Black Run, Licking County, Ohio.
Children of GEORGE MEEK and SARAH ASHCRAFT are:
i. AUSTIN ERNEST5 MEEK, b. November 26, 1877; d. August 31, 1908; m. DAISY LUGENBEAL, Bet. 1890 - 1899; b. Abt. 1870; d. Bet. 1950 - 1959.
ii. CLARENCE ALLEN MEEK, b. August 09, 1879; d. July 01, 1912; m. BERTHA MAUD MILLER, July 03, 1903; b. July 07, 1883; d. January 12, 1959.
iii. ANNA CATHERINE MEEK, b. October 10, 1882; d. January 05, 1936; m. JOSEPH W. WRIGHT, 1903; b. August 15, 1877; d. January 16, 1961.
iv. CHARLES C. MEEK, b. June 12, 1886; d. February 05, 1922; m. LENA EVA PERCELL, October 31, 1907; b. April 12, 1883; d. August 23, 1977.
v. HARVEY LEANDER MEEK, b. April 25, 1890; d. April 11, 1938; m. NELLIE IRENE MOSSMAN, December 28, 1914; b. July 04, 1895.
26. JOHN ALLEN4 MEEK (DAVID3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born April 22, 1872 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH, and died April 03, 1953. He married MARGARET L. DUSH 1899. She was born March 02, 1869, and died September 06, 1949.
More About MARGARET L. DUSH:
Children of JOHN MEEK and MARGARET DUSH are:
i. EVERETT5 MEEK, b. October 09, 1902; m. MILDRED SLACK, September 03, 1932; b. February 04, 1904.
ii. INA LOUISE MEEK, b. May 16, 1908; m. JOHN M. MAXWELL; b. June 07, 1907, Athens (Athens) OH; d. August 30, 1967.
iii. MARTHA JANE MEEK, b. May 29, 1928; m. LOREN EUGENE ORR; b. August 19, 1926, Rushville, IN ?.
27. MARY ALICE4 MEEK (DAVID3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born November 05, 1864 in Fallsbury Twp (Licking) OH, and died June 05, 1929. She married ANDREW JACKSON NETHERS Aft. 1886, son of NATHAN NETHERS and CATHERINE BERRY. He was born September 17, 1838 in Ohio, and died March 15, 1907 in Knox Co., Ohio.
More About ANDREW JACKSON NETHERS:
: September 17, 1838, Ohio
Note: 15 children
Children of MARY MEEK and ANDREW NETHERS are:
i. ORA5 NETHERS, m. LILLI *UNKNOWN.
ii. CARL NETHERS.
iii. ANNA NETHERS.
iv. LELIA HELEN NETHERS, b. December 29, 1902; d. 1981; m. RALPH DONALD YOUNG, 1924; b. 1906; d. March 04, 1977.
v. EVALINE NETHERS, b. May 09, 1905; m. CLARENCE R. WALTERS, July 22, 1927; b. June 17, 1904.
28. SAMUEL H.4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born May 07, 1855. He married MARY E. ESTHER Bet. 1800 - 1899.
Children of SAMUEL MEEK and MARY ESTHER are:
i. JAMES MARTIN5 MEEK, b. November 03, 1886.
ii. ERNEST T. MEEK, b. March 03, 1889; d. June 21, 1890.
iii. IRENE MEEK, b. February 21, 1891.
iv. IDA JANE MEEK, b. March 23, 1893.
29. FLORA ELORA4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1858. She married DAVID EDWARDS June 13, 1875.
Children of FLORA MEEK and DAVID EDWARDS are:
i. EVERETT5 EDWARDS, b. August 17, 1880.
ii. AUSTIN EDWARDS, b. March 21, 1887.
30. MARIETTA4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1861. She married HARVEY PALMER Bet. 1800 - 1899.
Child of MARIETTA MEEK and HARVEY PALMER is:
i. ORVILLE H.5 PALMER.
31. ANN FLORENCE4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1863. She married DAVID EDWARDS Bet. 1800 - 1899.
Children of ANN MEEK and DAVID EDWARDS are:
i. ROY J.5 EDWARDS, b. February 1885.
ii. IDA ALICE EDWARDS, b. November 10, 1897.
32. ROSE BELLE4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born 1865, and died October 02, 1910. She married R. R. WILCOX April 01, 1888.
Children of ROSE MEEK and R. WILCOX are:
i. RUTH5 WILCOX.
ii. CHARLES WILCOX, b. July 19, 1888.
iii. IDA WILCOX, b. September 28, 1898.
33. IDA JANE4 MEEK (RICHARD3, RICHARD2, SAMUEL1) was born April 27, 1867. She married ED S. JONES March 28, 1888.
Children of IDA MEEK and ED JONES are:
i. BERTHA MAY5 JONES, b. August 16, 1889.
ii. NEWTON GLENN JONES, b. April 06, 1891.
iii. WILLIAM EARL JONES, b. January 1893.
iv. ANNA BELL JONES, b. November 19, 1895.
v. ROBERT GILBERT JONES, b. September 19, 1898.
vi. DELMAR HOLDEN JONES, b. March 19, 1901.
vii. LEONA DOLA JONES, b. February 16, 1903.
viii. ALCIE LEONA JONES, b. October 21, 1905.