Our ancestor was Simon Peck whose daughter Lauvina Cora or Cora Louvina Peck, married Charles Albert Thomas, Jean's ancestors.
Descendants of Simon Peck
Generation No. 1
1. SIMON1 PECK was born June 09, 1847 in Ray's Hill, PA, and died August 24, 1922 in Osceola Mills, PA (Clearfield County). He married MARY A. GIFFIN November 07, 1867 in Wells Valley, PA. She was born August 28, 1848 in Saltillo, PA.; Huntington, County (Family Bible says Wells Tannery), and died February 01, 1919 in Osceola Mills, PA (Clearfield County).
Children of SIMON PECK and MARY GIFFIN are:
i. SARAH ETTA2 PECK, b. January 30, 1869, Wells Tannery, PA; d. 1948; m. (1) W. S. TOMBS, June 24, 1902, Osceola Mills; m. (2) GEORGE PARRACLOUGH, October 12, 1910.
More About SARAH ETTA PECK:
Note: No Children
2. ii. LAUVINA CORA (CORA LOUVINA) PECK, b. May 04, 1873, Ray's Hill, Bedford County, PA; d. April 07, 1932, Osceola Mills, PA.
3. iii. VIOLA D. PECK, b. 1875; d. Osceola Mills, PA.
Generation No. 2
2. LAUVINA CORA (CORA LOUVINA)2 PECK (SIMON1) was born May 04, 1873 in Ray's Hill, Bedford County, PA, and died April 07, 1932 in Osceola Mills, PA. She married CHARLES ALBERT THOMAS July 02, 1890, son of ISAAC THOMAS and MARGARET HIMES. He was born March 11, 1870 in Bedford County, PA, and died April 23, 1949 in Osceola Mills, PA (Clearfield County).
More About LAUVINA CORA (CORA LOUVINA) PECK:
Note: Family Bible lists her name as Lauvina C. Peck
More About CHARLES ALBERT THOMAS:
Note: A skilled Carpenter
Children of LAUVINA PECK and CHARLES THOMAS are:
i. LILLY OLIVE3 THOMAS, b. January 05, 1891, Breezewood, PA; d. June 13, 1970, Hollidaysburg, PA; m. (1) NORMAN A. SALKELD; b. September 16, 1885; d. January 15, 1948; m. (2) YVES HORELLOU, 1953.
More About NORMAN A. SALKELD:
Burial: Mt. Zion, Cem.; Breezewood, PA
ii. ORVILLE ESCO THOMAS, b. February 09, 1893; d. February 21, 1923.
More About ORVILLE ESCO THOMAS:
Military: Merchant Marines; Served WWI
iii. MARGARET LEOTA THOMAS, b. March 23, 1896, Osceola Mills, PA; d. March 20, 1973, Philipsburg, PA; m. GRANT T. SMITH; b. September 02, 1893; d. June 08, 1968, Philipsburg, PA.
iv. ISAAC FERN THOMAS, b. January 06, 1898, Osceola Mills, PA; d. October 11, 1979, Potomac Hospital; Woodbridge, VA; m. (1) RACHEL CATHERINE HEINBAUGH; b. January 24, 1904, Altoona, Pennsylvania; d. July 10, 1972, Mercy Hospital; Altoona, PA; m. (2) MARY LUCINA SWARTZWELDER, August 01, 1924, Breezewood, PA. on Swartzwelder Farm; b. July 01, 1906, Breezewood, PA (Ray's Hill)E. Prov. Twp.; d. January 16, 1970, Washington, D.C..
Notes for ISAAC FERN THOMAS:
I. F. Thomas and Mary Swartzwelder were married on August 1, 1924 on the Swartzwelder farm at Breezewood, PA. Mary Alice Thomas (Gardner), sister of the groom and Wallace Swartzwelder cousin of the bride stood in for them. There was a family dinner, after which the couple travelled to Osceola Mills, PA where they lived with sister Alice and her family until they found a place. They lived in an apartment and later moved to Hollidaysburg, PA>
More About MARY LUCINA SWARTZWELDER:
Occupation: Worked several years as Vegetable Chef for Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC
v. CHARLES LAWRENCE THOMAS, b. August 24, 1901; d. May 04, 1964; m. CLARA MAY EMERICK; b. June 25, 1899; d. May 05, 1967.
More About CHARLES LAWRENCE THOMAS:
Note: At least two children, a daughter and a son.
vi. KERMIT EARL THOMAS, b. July 09, 1904; d. October 26, 1995; m. HELEN DAVIDSON.
vii. WILLIAM WARNER THOMAS, b. March 24, 1907; d. March 31, 1907.
viii. MARY ALICE THOMAS, b. January 04, 1910; m. (1) THURMAN GARDNER; m. (2) LEWIS GILL.
ix. JOHN ALLEN THOMAS, b. August 17, 1919; d. March 21, 1994; m. DOROTHY LIEBNITZ.
3. VIOLA D.2 PECK (SIMON1) was born 1875, and died in Osceola Mills, PA. She married JOSEPH GRIEST.
Children of VIOLA PECK and JOSEPH GRIEST are:
i. EDWINNA3 GRIEST, m. (1) BILL MALONE; m. (2) *UNKNOWN ALLGOOD.
More About *UNKNOWN ALLGOOD:
ii. MARIETTA GRIEST, m. HERBERT GLASSCO.
More About HERBERT GLASSCO: